[all][tc] PDF Community Goal Update

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 07:07:19 UTC 2019

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 1:12 PM Thomas Bechtold <tbechtold at suse.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 8/27/19 7:58 AM, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > How to get started
> > ------------------
> >
> > - "How to get started" section in the PDF goal etherpad [1] explains
> > the minimum steps.
> >    You can find useful examples there too.
>
> This is a bit confusing because the goal[1] mentions that there should
> be no extra tox target declared for the gate job.
> But the etherpad explains that there should be a new tox target[2].
>
> So do we need a new tox target in the project repo? Or is that optional
> and just for local testing?

The new tox target in the project repo is required now.
The PDF doc will be generated only when the "pdf-docs" tox target does exists.

When the goal is defined the docs team thought the doc gate job can
handle the PDF build
without extra tox env and zuul job configuration. However, during
implementing the zuul job support
it turns out at least a new tox env or an extra zuul job configuration
is required in each project
to make the docs job fail when PDF build failure is detected. As a
result, we changes the approach
and the new tox target is now required in each project repo.

Perhaps we need to update the description of the goal definition document.

Thanks,
Akihiro