[cyborg][election][ptl] PTL candidacy for Ussuri

Nadathur, Sundar sundar.nadathur at intel.com
Mon Sep 2 04:52:24 UTC 2019

Hello all,
     I would like to announce my candidacy for the PTL role of Cyborg for the Ussuri cycle.

I have been involved with Cyborg since 2018 Rocky PTG, and have had the privilege of serving as Cyborg PTL for the Train cycle.

In the Train cycle, Cyborg saw some important developments. We reached an agreement on integration with Nova at the PTG, and the spec that I wrote based on that agreement has been merged. We have seen new developers join the community. We have seen existing Cyborg drivers getting updated and new Cyborg drivers being proposed. We are also in the process of developing a tempest plugin for Cyborg.

In the U cycle, I'd aim to build on this foundation. While we may support a certain set of VM operations with accelerators with Nova in Train, we can expand on that set in U. We should also focus on Day 2 operations like performance monitoring and health monitoring for accelerator devices. I would like to formalize and expand on the driver addition/development process.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,
Sundar