[PTG][interviews] We Want To Talk With YOU!

Rain Leander rleander at redhat.com
Wed Oct 30 08:33:17 UTC 2019

I am attending OIS and PTG and will conduct interviews on Friday 08
November in room Liberty. If you're keen and able, I'd love to talk with
you. [0]

These interviews have several purposes. Please consider all of the
following when thinking about what you might want to say in your interview:

* Tell the users/customers/press what you've been working on in Rocky
* Give them some idea of what's (what might be?) coming in Stein
* Put a human face on the OpenStack project and encourage new participants
to join us
* You're welcome to promote your company's involvement in OpenStack but we
ask that you avoid any kind of product pitches or job recruitment

In the interview I'll ask some leading questions and it'll go easier if
you've given some thought to them ahead of time:

* Who are you? (Your name, your employer, and the project(s) on which you
are active.)
* What did you accomplish in Rocky? (Focus on the 2-3 things that will be
most interesting to cloud operators)
* What do you expect to be the focus in Stein? (At the time of your
interview, it's likely that the meetings will not yet have decided anything
firm. That's ok.)
* Anything further about the project(s) you work on or the OpenStack
community in general.

Finally, note that there are only 33 interview slots available, so please
consider coordinating with your project to designate the people that you
want to represent the project, so that we don't end up with 12 interview
about Neutron, or whatever. It's fine to have multiple people in one
interview - Maximum 3, probably.

Interview slots are 30 minutes, in which time we hope to capture somewhere
between 10 and 20 minutes of content. It's fine to run shorter, but 15
minutes is probably an ideal length.

[0]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XwRC_nHm2hZs37Hlrb5fUl4zGtOGgekj1oHaGn3TBxA/edit?usp=sharing

--