[all][tc] Planning for dropping the Python2 support in OpenStack

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 21:32:59 UTC 2019

On 10/29/2019 2:53 PM, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> I chated with timburke on IRC about things required by swift to keep the py2.7 support[1]. Below are
> client lib/middleware swift required for py2 testing.
>   @timburke, feel free to update if any missing point.
>
> - keystoneclient and openstackclient  (dep of keystonemiddleware)

openstackclient is not a library so I'm a bit confused about the point
about keeping python2 support in python-openstackclient for swift.

I mention it because Eric Fried noticed today [1] that CI is blocked for
OSC because the osc-functional-devstack* jobs seem to have mysteriously
switched over to python3 but the functional tox target is expecting
python2. So there is talk about moving OSC forward and dropping python2
support as a result of that.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/691980/

Matt