[ptl][release] Re: [stable][EM] Extended Maintenance - Queens

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Fri Oct 25 16:48:29 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 12:12:38PM -0500, Sean McGinnis wrote:
> One final last call for stable/queens. Tomorrow I will be proposing patches to
> mark all deliverables as Extended Maintenance by adding a queens-em tag. After
> this point, there will be no more official releases for any queens
> deliverables.

Patches have now been proposed:

https://review.opendev.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/releases+branch:master+topic:queens-em

If PTLs and/or release liaisons can leave +1, that can help us know which ones
we can approve right away to start to clear the queue. Otherwise, for ones with
no ack, we will wait until next week and take the silence as implicit approval.

We do have a few teams that needed a little more time to wrap up some final
things to leave the last release in a good state. We can hold off on a few a
little bit longer if they are important. Otherwise, just another reminder,
downstream consumers will be able to pick up committed changes during the
Extended Maintenance period. They just won't be included in an official
community release.

Big thanks to Elod for helping get the ball rolling on this and getting
reviewers added to the patches!

Thanks!
Sean