[ironic]: Timeout reached while waiting for callback for node

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 22:15:23 UTC 2019

Greetings Fred!

Reply in-line.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 12:47 PM fsbiz at yahoo.com <fsbiz at yahoo.com> wrote:

[trim]

> TFTP logs: shows TFTP client timed out (weird).  Any pointers here?

Sadly this is one of those things that comes with using TFTP. Issues like
this is why the community tends to recommend using ipxe.efi to chainload as
you can perform transport over TCP as opposed to UDP where in something
might happen mid-transport.

> tftpd shows ramdisk_deployed completed.  Then, it reports that the client
> timed out.

Grub does tend to be very abrupt and not wrap up very final actions. I
suspect it may just never be sending the ack back and the transfer may be
completing. I'm afraid this is one of those things you really need to see
on the console what is going on. My guess would be that your deploy_ramdisk
lost a packet in transfer or that it was corrupted in transport. It would
be interesting to know if the network card stack is performing checksum
validation, but for IPv4 it is optional.

[trim]