[ops] nova wsgi config

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Wed Oct 23 11:45:54 UTC 2019

On 10/22/19 12:19 PM, Arnaud Morin wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I am trying to configure apache as a WSGI.
> Is there any other documentation than this:
> https://docs.openstack.org/nova/stein/user/wsgi.html
>
> Is there any recommendations?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Hi Arnaud,

If you wish, you can have a look at the nova-api package in Debian,
which by default, is set to use uwsgi for both the compute and the
metadata API. This consist of a sysv-rc / systemd startup script, plus a
configuration file. Note that this system also has support over SSL if
you just drop the certificate + key in the right folder.

Nearly all API package in Debian are configured this way. If it's not
the case, it means that either we didn't have time to do the switch yet
(which is kind of rare, I hope), or there's no such support upstream for
running under a wsgi server.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)