[ptl][release] Re: [stable][EM] Extended Maintenance - Queens

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 22:05:41 UTC 2019

On 10/17/2019 3:31 PM, Sean McGinnis wrote:
> The date for Queens to transition to Extended Maintenance is next week. Late in
> the week we will be proposing a patch to tag all deliverables with a
> "queens-em" tag. After this point, no additional releases will be allowed.
>
> I took a quick look through our stable/queens deliverables, and there are
> several that look to have a sizable amount of patches landed that have not been
> released. Elod was super nice by including all of that for easy checking in [2]
> above.
>
> As part of Extended Maintenance, bugfixes can (and should) be cherry-picked to
> stable/queens. But once we enter Extended Maintenance, there won't be any
> official releases and it will be up to downstream consumers to pick up these
> fixes locally as they need them.
>
> So consider this a last call for stable/queens releases.

Nova is still working through a non-trivial backlog of backports, the
main slowness being some of the stuff yet to land in queens still has to
make it through stein and rocky first. I've been bugging stable cores in
nova the last week or so but it's slow going. So just FYI that I'm not
sure nova will be ready for the queens-em tag this week but I'm trying
to get us close.

Matt