[tc][goal]: Ussuri community goal candidate 2: 'Switch remaining legacy jobs to Zuul v3 and drop legacy support'

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue Oct 22 16:00:17 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone,

As you might have seen on the ML about Ussuri community goal feedback for each proposed
candidate [1], 2nd candidate is  'Switch remaining legacy jobs to Zuul v3 and drop legacy support' [2].

Andreas has briefed this goal in etherpad[2].  "Convert the remaining legacy jobs to Zuul v3  features.
Grenade might be the largest open issue. This means especially that devstack-gate will not support
Ussuri but only older releases. Having all jobs migrated to Zuul v3 native will allow easier maintenance
and sharing between them. "

Zuul has good documentation about migrating the legacy job to zuulv3 native. devstack and tempest have already
migrated all their legacy jobs and so does many projects also ( if not all but few jobs for sure). Keeping legacy
jobs are very costly not just in term of maintenance but also for doing the community-wide work. I have experienced
the same during the migration of upstream CI from xenial - > Bionic in stein and IPV6 goal in Train.

Currently, we do not have any volunteers to lead this goal. I would like to ask for the volunteer who can drive this goal do the
pre-work about defining the goal and then be champion for this goal. Feel Free to reply to this email or ping me on #openstack-tc
IRC channel.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-October/010287.html
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PVG-u-series-goals

-gmann