[oslo] Adoption of microversion-parse

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Oct 21 10:16:19 UTC 2019

Hi Osloites,

A recent review of the OpenStack namespace yielded a library that no
project team owns, and yet is specific to openstack and present in
global-requirements:

https://opendev.org/openstack/microversion-parse

Ideally it should be adopted by one of our project teams. After
discussing it with cdent, and since it is openstack-specific and
depended on by most openstack projects, it feels like Oslo would be a
good home for it. It would follow an "independent" release model and I
don't think it would trigger much updates or maintenance.

I can post patches to make it happen if you confirm you're OK to host
it. Just keep me posted :)

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)