[all][ceilometer][aodh][[docs] Possible error in Stein's Aodh documentation and how to configure cpu_util and pass on value to Aodh

Gauri Sindhu sindhugauri1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 06:07:10 UTC 2019

Hi all,

As per the Rocky release notes
<https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/ceilometer/rocky.html>, *cpu_util
and *.rate meters are deprecated and will be removed in future release in
favor of the Gnocchi rate calculation equivalent.*

I have two doubts regarding this.

Firstly, if the 'cpu_util' metric has been deprecated then why has it been
used as an example in the documentation
<https://docs.openstack.org/aodh/stein/admin/telemetry-alarms.html> in the
'Using Alarms' section? I've attached an image of the same.

Secondly, I'm using OpenStack Stein and want to use the cpu_util or its
equivalent to create an alarm. If this metric is no longer available then
what do I pass onto Aodh to create the alarm? There seems to be no
documentation that to help me out with this. Additionally, even if Gnocchi
rate calculation is to be used, how am I supposed to transfer the result to
Aodh? I also cannot seem to find the Gnocchi documentation.

Regards,
Gauri Sindhu