[kolla] Support for removing previously enabled services..

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Sun Oct 13 10:22:34 UTC 2019

On Sat, 2019-10-12 at 21:01 -0400, Laurent Dumont wrote:
> Hey!
>
> Not a problem - it's a big rabbit hole and I get why it's really not easy
> to implement. It's easy to clean up containers but as you mentioned, all
> the rest of the bits and pieces is a tough fit.

i did add a tiny step in that direction years ago for mainly dev use
https://github.com/openstack/kolla-ansible/commit/2ffb35ee5308ece3717263d38163e5fd9b29a3ae
basically the tools/cleanup-containers script takes a regex of the continers to clean up as its
first argument.
 e.g. tools/cleanup-containers "neutron|openvswitch"

that is totally a hack but it was so useful for dev.

i belive there is already a request to limit kolla-ansible --destroy by tags

destroy should in theory be cleanup dbs in addtion to remvoing the contianers but give
that currently it just remvoed everything of nothing it not that useful for operator
wanting to remvoe a deployed service.

my hack when used to be an tiny ansible script that copied that tool to all host then invoked
it the relevent regex.

anywya if you jsut wasnt to do this for dev or on a small number of hosts it might help but
keep in mind that it will not clean up the configs or dbs and it only works if no vms are runnign on the host