[tripleo] Deprecating paunch CLI?

Sagi Shnaidman sshnaidm at redhat.com
Fri Oct 11 13:29:01 UTC 2019

> As for the feedback received in the previous answers, people would like to
> keep a "print-cmd" like, which makes total sense.
> I was thinking we could write a proper check mode for the podman_container
> module, which could output the podman commands that are run by the module.
> We could also extract the container management tasks to its own playbook
> so an operator who would usually run:
> $ paunch debug (...) --action print-cmd
>
> replaced by:
> $ ansible-playbook --check -i inventory.yaml containers.yaml

It's totally doable. Currently the module prints podman commands to syslog
exactly as they are executed. We can definitely support check mode with it.

> Challenges:
> - no unit tests like in paunch, will need good testing with Molecule

The podman ansible modules are written in python, so i think we can still
use some unittests in addition to molecule tests.

--
Best regards
Sagi Shnaidman