[release] Release countdown for week R-0, October 14-18

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Oct 10 23:34:42 UTC 2019

Development Focus
-----------------

We will be releasing the coordinated OpenStack Train release next week, on
Wednesday October 16th. Thanks to everyone involved in the Train cycle!

We are now in pre-release freeze, so no new deliverable will be created until
final release, unless a release-critical regression is spotted.

Otherwise, teams attending the PTG in Shanghai should start to plan what they
will be discussing there, by creating and filling team etherpads. You can find
the list of etherpads at:

http://ptg.openstack.org/etherpads.html

General Information

On release day, the release team will produce final versions of deliverables
following the cycle-with-rc release model, by re-tagging the commit used for
the last RC.

A patch doing just that will be proposed. PTLs and release liaisons should
watch for that final release patch from the release team. While not required,
we would appreciate having an ack from each team before we approve it on the
16th.

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates