[ptl][release] Last call for RC updates

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Wed Oct 9 13:44:11 UTC 2019

Hey everyone,

This is just a reminder about tomorrow's deadline for a final RC for Train.

There are several projects that have changes merged since cutting the
stable/train branch. Not all of these changes need to be included in the
initial Train coordinated release, but it would be good if there are
translations and bug fixes merged to get them into a final RC while there's
still time.

After tomorrow's (Oct 10) deadline, we will only want to release something if
it's absolutely critical. We will enter a quiet period from tomorrow until the
coordinated release date next week to give time for packagers to complete their
work and to make sure things are stable. Next week the last RC releases will
then be retagged as the final release.

Again, not all changes need to be included if they are not critical bugfixes or
translations at this point. Stable releases can be done at any point after the
official release date.

Thanks for your help as we reach the end of the Train.

Sean