Neutron dhcp-agent scalability techniques

fsbiz at yahoo.com fsbiz at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 18:34:54 UTC 2019

 Thanks Julia.  Yes, portfast is enabled on the ports of the TOR switch.
Regards,Fred.

    On Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 10:09:35 AM PDT, Julia Kreger <juliaashleykreger at gmail.com> wrote:

 One other thing that comes to mind at 30 seconds is spanning-tree port
forwarding delay. PXE boot often thinks once carrier is up, that it
can try and send/receive packets, however switches may still block
traffic waiting for spanning-tree packets.  Just from a limiting
possible issues, it might be a good thing to double check network side
to make sure "portfast" is the operating mode for the physical ports
attached to that flat network. What this would look like is the
machine appears to DHCP, but the packets would never actually reach
the DHCP server.

-Julia