ANNOUNCE: Train packages repository for Debian Buster is now available and tested

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun Oct 6 09:58:13 UTC 2019

Hi,

It's been a few days already, there's some fully working (and tested)
Debian repositories backported to Buster for train. The URLs are using
the usual scheme:

deb http://buster-train.debian.net/debian/ buster-train-backports main
deb-src http://buster-train.debian.net/debian/ buster-train-backports main
deb http://buster-train.debian.net/debian/
buster-train-backports-nochange main
deb-src http://buster-train.debian.net/debian/
buster-train-backports-nochange main

Early last week, I was able to test this, doing my first deployment, and
starting my first VM on it. I haven't run tempest on this yet, though my
manual tests went well (ie: floating IP, ssh to instance, mounting a
cinder volume over Ceph and LVM, etc.).

Please do test this, and report any eventual issue. If everything goes
as planned, I'll be at the Debian cloud sprint in Boston the week of the
release, discussing the Debian official images for the cloud. So I will
only be able to upload the final versions of projects for Train only
then after (probably, during the week-end, so it's available on Monday).

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)