[keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 30 September 2019

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Sat Oct 5 00:05:27 UTC 2019

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 30 September 2019

## News

Quiet week as we wait for the final release and start preparing for Forum and next cycle.

## Action Items

Team members: see action required regarding the new roadmap tracker[1].

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-October/009942.html

## Office Hours

When there are topics to cover, the keystone team holds office hours on Tuesdays at 17:00 UTC.

We won't plan to hold office hours next week.

Add topics you would like to see covered during office hours to the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-office-hours-topics

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://bit.ly/2pquOwT

We merged 7 changes this week.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://bit.ly/2tymTje

There are 33 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots.

## Bugs

This week we opened 1 new bugs and closed 3.

Bugs opened (1)
Bug #1846817 (keystone:Medium) opened by Lance Bragstad https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1846817

Bugs fixed (3)
Bug #968696 (keystone:High) fixed by Colleen Murphy https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/968696
Bug #1630434 (keystone:Medium) fixed by Lance Bragstad https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1630434
Bug #1806762 (keystone:Medium) fixed by Lance Bragstad https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1806762

Notably, we closed #968696 *for keystone*, as we have completed the migration of our policies to understand system scope and, when [oslo_policy]/enforce_scope is set to true and deprecated policies are overridden, system-wide requests won't respond to project-scoped tokens. This does not mean the "admin"-ness problem is solved across OpenStack, as it will have to be addressed on a service-by-service basis.

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/train/schedule.html

Next week will be the last chance to release another RC if we need one. Please help triage and address any RC-critical bugs should they come up.

Also, the release schedule for Ussuri has been published:

https://releases.openstack.org/ussuri/schedule.html

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter