[nova][ptg] Ussuri scope containment

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Fri Oct 4 14:22:43 UTC 2019

On Thu, 3 Oct 2019, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:

> I welcome scope reduction, focusing on fewer features, stability, and
> bug fixes than "more gadgetries and gongs".  Which also means: less
> frenzy, less split attention, fewer mistakes, more retained
> concentration, and more serenity.  And, yeah, any reasonable person
> would read '25' as _an_ educated limit, rather than some "optimal
> limit".
>
> If we end up with bags of "spare time", there's loads of tech-debt
> items, performance (it's a feature, let's recall) issues, and meaningful
> clean-ups waiting to be tackled.

Since I quoted the above text and referred back to this entire
thread in it, I thought I better:

a) say "here here" (or is "hear hear"?) to the above
2. link to https://anticdent.org/fix-your-debt-placement-performance-summary.html
    which has more to say and an example of what you can get with
    "retained concentration"

freenode: cdent