[Airship-discuss] Fwd: OOK,Airship

Roman Gorshunov paye600 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 11:04:10 UTC 2019

Thanks Ashlee!

Charles,
A few companies who work on development of Airship do use it,
including production uses: AT&T, SUSE, Mirantis, Ericsson, SK Telekom
and others. Many of those companies (if not all) use Airship +
OpenStack Helm as well.

Airship, as you have mentioned, is a collection of components for
undercloud control plane, which helps to deploy nodes with
OS+Docker+Kubernetes on it, configure/manage it all in GitOps way, and
then help to maintain the configuration. It also allows to manage
deploys and maintenance of whatever runs on top of Kubernetes cluster,
would that be OpenStack Helm or other software packaged in Helm
format.

OpenStack Helm does not really require to be running on
Airship-managed cluster. It could run standalone.

Yes, you can roll out an open source production grade
Airship/Openstack Helm deployment today. Good example of production
grade configuration could be found in airship/treasuremap repository
[0] as 'seaworthy' site definition. You are welcome to try, of course.
For the questions - reach out to us on IRC #airshipit at Freenode of via
Airship-discuss mailing list.

[0] https://opendev.org/airship/treasuremap

Best regards,
--