[manila] Proposal to add dviroel to the core maintainers team

Goutham Pacha Ravi gouthampravi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 20:58:58 UTC 2019

Dear Zorillas and other Stackers,

I would like to formalize the conversations we've been having amongst
ourselves over IRC and in-person. At the outset, we have a lot of
incoming changes to review, but we have limited core maintainer
attention. We haven't re-jigged our core maintainers team as often as
we'd like, and that's partly to blame. We have some relatively new and
enthusiastic contributors that we would love to encourage to become
maintainers! We've mentored contributors 1-1, n-1 before before adding
them to the maintainers team. We would like to do more of this!**

In this spirit, I would like your inputs on adding Douglas Viroel
(dviroel) to the core maintainers team for manila and its associated
projects (manila-specs, manila-ui, python-manilaclient,
manila-tempest-plugin, manila-test-image, manila-image-elements).
Douglas has been an active contributor for the past two releases and
has valuable review inputs in the project. While he's been around here
less longer than some of us, he brings a lot of experience to the
table with his background in networking and shared file systems. He
has a good grasp of the codebase and is enthusiastic in adding new
features and fixing bugs in the Ussuri cycle and beyond.

Please give me a +/-1 for this proposal.

** If you're interested in helping us maintain Manila by being part of
the manila core maintainer team, please reach out to me or any of the
current maintainers, we would love to work with you and help you grow
into that role!

Thanks,
Goutham Pacha Ravi (gouthamr)