[nova][ptg] Ussuri scope containment

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 18:04:45 UTC 2019

On 9/30/2019 6:09 PM, Eric Fried wrote:
> Every cycle we approve some number of blueprints and then complete a low
> percentage [1] of them.
>
> [1] Like in the neighborhood of 60%. This is anecdotal; I'm not aware of
> a good way to go back and mine actual data.

When Mel and I were PTLs we tracked and reported post-release numbers on
blueprint activity, what was proposed, what was approved and what was
completed:

Ocata:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-February/111639.html

Pike:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-September/121875.html

Queens:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-February/127402.html

Rocky:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-August/133342.html

Stein:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/004234.html

So there are numbers in there for calculating completion percentage over
the last 5 releases before Train. Of course the size of the core team
and diversity of contributors over that time has changed drastically so
it's not comparing apples to apples. But you said you weren't aware of
data to mine so I'm giving you an axe and shovel.

Matt