[all] [tc] [ptls] PDF Goal Aftermath

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Tue Oct 1 12:49:03 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Thanks to all those who worked super hard to achieve the PDF Enablement
goal for Train. Things are looking great, and I've already received
feedback from downstream about how useful the PDFs are! So that's
fantastic.

For the sake of the goal, the intention was to have potentially
imperfect PDFs and to ensure they're building. In some cases, this does
leave room for improvement. In openstack-doc, we've been approached a
few times regarding moving forward when there are issues with no known
workarounds.

So, asking all those that have been working on/building their PDFs and
are experiencing issues that can be fixed post-mortem to ensure
everything is documented in our Common Problems etherpad [1].

Ensuring everything is documented, means we can work together to
identify appropriate workarounds or fixes in the future.

We will review all items without a workaround in the short term.

Cheers,

Alex

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/pdf-goal-train-common-problems

--