[neutron] security group api slow at scale

Erik Olof Gunnar Andersson eandersson at blizzard.com
Fri Nov 29 21:42:43 UTC 2019

I was wondering if there has been any work since Rocky to improve the performance of CRUD operations for security groups. When you have many thousands of rules the performance of simple operations gets exponentially slower.

It got a little better after we applied the patches from this bug.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1810563

But in one of our environments getting security group rule lists, even when there are only 6-8 rules in that group takes almost 60 seconds.

Best Regards, Erik Olof Gunnar Andersson