[auto-scaling][self-healing] Discussion to merge two SIG to one

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 08:57:12 UTC 2019

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 4:37 PM Witek Bedyk <witold.bedyk at suse.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> how about starting with joining the SIGs meeting times and organizing
> the Forum and PTG events together? The repositories and wiki pages could
> stay as they are and refer to each other.

I think even if we merged two SIG, repositories should stay separated as
they're now. IMO we can simply rename openstack/auto-scaling-sig
to openstack/auto-scaling and so as to self-healing.
Or just keep it the same will be fine IMO.
We don't need a new repo for the new SIG (at least not for now).

I do like the idea to start with joining the SIGs meeting times and
organizing the Forum and PTG events together.
One more proposal in my mind will be, join the channel for IRC.

> I think merging is good if you have an idea how to better structure the
> content, and time to review the existing one and do all the formal
> stuff. Just gluing the documents won't help.
Totally agree with this point!

--
May The Force of OpenStack Be With You,
Rico Lin