[auto-scaling][self-healing] Discussion to merge two SIG to one

Witek Bedyk witold.bedyk at suse.com
Thu Nov 28 08:26:26 UTC 2019

On 11/22/19 12:20 AM, Trinh Nguyen wrote:
> Hi Rico,
>
> +1
> That is a very good idea. Coincidentally, I'm working on some research
> projects that focus on autoscaling and self-healing at the same time.
> And the combined group would be a very good idea because I don't have to
> switch back and forth between the groups for discussion.
>
> Thanks,
>

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 12:57 AM Rico Lin <rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
> <mailto:rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dear all
>
>     As we discussed in PTG about merge two SIG to one.
>     I would like to continue the discussion on ML.
>
>     In PTG, Eric proposes the idea to merge two SIG due to the high
>     overlapping of domains and tasks.
>
>     I think this is a great idea since, over the last 6 months, most of
>     the discussions in both SIG are overlapped. So I'm onboard with this
>     idea.
>
>     Here's how I think we can continue this idea:
>
>      1. Create new SIG (maybe 'Automation SIG'? feel free to propose
>         name which can cover both interest.)
>      2. Redirect docs and wiki to new SIG. And rework on index so there
>         will be no confusion
>      3. Move repos from both SIGs to new SIG
>      4. Mark auto-scaling SIG and self-healing SIG as inactive.
>      5. remove auto-scaling SIG and self-healing SIG after a
>         reasonable waiting time

Hi,
how about starting with joining the SIGs meeting times and organizing
the Forum and PTG events together? The repositories and wiki pages could
stay as they are and refer to each other.

Merging the content into one new repository definitely also has value
but you should think how to structure it so that the users can find
useful information quickly.

I think merging is good if you have an idea how to better structure the
content, and time to review the existing one and do all the formal
stuff. Just gluing the documents won't help.

Cheers
Witek