[neutron][OVN] Multiple mechanism drivers

Takashi Yamamoto yamamoto at midokura.com
Thu Nov 28 02:12:31 UTC 2019

hi,

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 5:00 PM Slawek Kaplonski <skaplons at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think that this may be true that networking-ovn will not work properly
> with other drivers.
> I don't think it was tested at any time.
> Also the problem may be that when You are using networking-ovn than whole
> neutron topology is different. There are different agents for example.
>
> Please open a bug for that for networking-ovn. I think that networking-ovn team
> will take a look into that.

networking-midonet ignores networks without "midonet" type segments to
avoid interfering other mechanism drivers.
maybe networking-ovn can have something similar.

wrt agents, last time i checked there was no problem with running
midonet agent and ovs agent on the same host, sharing the kernel
datapath.
so i guess there's no problem with ovn either.

wrt l3, unfortunately neither midonet or ovn have implemented "l3
flavor" thing yet. so you have to choose a single l3 plugin.
iirc, Sam's deployment doesn't use l3 for linuxbridge, right?