[requirements][stable] Capping requirements in stable branches

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 22:17:15 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have a question on version capping in requirements files in stable branches.

When some newer version of dependent library does not work with my project,
do we accept a patch to add version capping of the library in stable branches?

For example, the horizon team received a patch to novaclient to <16 [1].
novaclient 16.0.0 was released after Train release, so there is no surprise
that we don't have the version cap novaclient<16 in Train release.

My understanding is that we don't usually cap versions of libraries
after the release,
but I am sending this mail to check our general guideline.

Thanks,
Akihiro Motoki (irc: amotoki)

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/693000/