[cinder][ops][extended-maintenance-sig][public-cloud-sig][enterprise-wg] Cinder to EOL some branches

Elõd Illés elod.illes at est.tech
Wed Nov 27 17:02:38 UTC 2019

Hi,

First of all, sorry for the late response.

About EOLing Ocata and Pike: Extended Maintenance was formed just to
have a common place for interested parties, vendors, operators, to push
bugfixes to. Currently these branches are in a good shape, check / gate
jobs work and as far as I see there are a couple of backports, too (not
too many, though). So hopefully it's not a waste of efforts. Why don't
we keep them open as long as the CI works and there are patches? Of
course, whenever e.g. Ocata branch / CI becomes unmaintainable (zuul v3
incompatibilities) or there aren't anyone who fixes the issues there, we
can put it to EOL then.
I write this, because my employer supports Extended Maintenance, and I
usually try to fix CI issues on stable branches and reviewing patches
there. So maybe I can be some help here, too. Please consider leaving
branches in Extended Maintenance open as long as they are in a good
shape and there are bugfixes coming.

Thanks,

Előd