[meta-sig][multi-arch] propose forming a Multi-arch SIG

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Wed Nov 27 02:38:37 UTC 2019

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 11:33:16AM +0000, Jonathan Rosser wrote:
> openstack-ansible is ready to go on arm CI but in order to make the jobs run
> in a reasonable time and not simply timeout a source of pre-built arm python
> wheels is needed. It would be a shame to let the work that got contributed
> to OSA for arm just rot.

Yeah, for reference we started a story with this [1] and Paul even had
a WIP change [2].  Another part of this is having local mirrors setup,
which I've had a play with in [3].

But I've noticed that getting two nodes for testing here doesn't often
work (see test history).  At the moment we only have Linaro London in
the rotation and my contacts there have moved on.

I think before we go too far with building jobs, etc. we need to make
sure we're consistently booting test instances there.  I had a quick
look at the nodepool logs and it seems the requests just time out --
without access to the backend logs I can't tell much else.  I can
certainly extract vm id's etc if we know a way to investigate.

-i

[1] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005353
[2] https://review.opendev.org/552700
[3] https://review.opendev.org/690798