[nova] [cyborg] Impact of moving bind to compute

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Tue Nov 26 23:16:47 UTC 2019

> But now we are close to having an improved  wait_for_instance_event() [3]. So I propose to:
>
> A.      Start the binding in the conductor. This gets maximum concurrency between binding and other tasks.
>
> B.      Wait for the binding notification in the compute manager (without losing the event). In fact, we can wait inside _build_resources, which is where
> Neutron/Cinder resources are gathered as well. That will allow for doing the cleanup in a consistent manner as today.
>
> C.       Call Cyborg to get the ARQs in the virt driver, like today.

Sorry, I missed this. No, I don't think this is reasonable. I'm -5 on
where you have it today. However, there is zero point in calling to
cyborg in _build_resources() and then calling it again in the virt
driver just a couple stack frames away. The point of _build_resources()
is to collect resources that we need to clean up if we fail, and yield
them to the build process. Store your ARQs there, pass them to the virt
driver, and roll them back if you fail.

--Dan