[nova][neutron][cyborg] Bandwidth (and accel) providers are broken if CONF.host is set

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 16:30:41 UTC 2019

On 11/26/2019 9:57 AM, Bence Romsics wrote:
> (4) At the moment I don't see the need to use the proposed new nova
> API to query hypervisors managed by a nova-compute since as soon as it
> returns 1+ hypervisors neutron cannot do anything with the result.

The API would only return more than one hypervisor for a given compute
service host if that host is managing ironic nodes, which won't be the
case if you're looking for nodes managed by a KVM node that supports QoS
ports.

The point of the API change is to let neutron do everything
automatically and avoid additional configuration, right? The
configuration on the neutron side was meant to be a workaround.

Matt