[olso][pbr][i18n] Using setup.cfg [files] data_files to install localization files

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 15:47:16 UTC 2019

Hi,

I think localization files are automatically included in a python
package even if setup.cfg has no explicit entry.

Here is an example of the case of the horizon repository:
http://paste.openstack.org/show/786732/
I can see localized files after installing a horizon wheel package
into a virtualenv.

> 1: Including the locale files as part of a package for the target
> systems package manager (pacman, yum, apt, etc).

These package managers just do the similar thing in a different way.

> 2: adding the locale files to the [files] directive in setup.cfg:

I don't think we need to specify them in setup.cfg.
Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Akihiro Motoki (amotoki)