[meta-sig][multi-arch] propose forming a Multi-arch SIG

Jonathan Rosser jonathan.rosser at rd.bbc.co.uk
Tue Nov 26 11:33:16 UTC 2019

On 21/11/2019 00:15, Ian Wienand wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 06:03:03PM +0800, Rico Lin wrote:
>> If you're also interested in that group, please reply to this email,
>> introduce yourself and tell us what you would like the group scope and
>> objectives to be, and what you can contribute to the group.
>
> I have worked with some upstream people such as hrw to get
> diskimage-builder working with EFI and ARM64, and setup the infra to
> build ARM64 nodes on Linaro's donated resources.  Although infra is
> all an open book in terms of configuration, etc. and anyone can
> contribute, I'll be happy to help with issues or mentor anyone on
> using the gate resources we have available.

openstack-ansible is ready to go on arm CI but in order to make the jobs
run in a reasonable time and not simply timeout a source of pre-built
arm python wheels is needed. It would be a shame to let the work that
got contributed to OSA for arm just rot.

WIP patch here https://review.opendev.org/#/c/618305/