manila share group replication support

Dong.Ding at dell.com Dong.Ding at dell.com
Mon Nov 25 03:31:45 UTC 2019

Hi,  experts,

I'm trying to implement the share replication feature for EMC Unity Manila driver.

Unity isn't capable to promote a single share. The share must be promoted together with its share server.

The problem is that we have several shares exported from one single server. So, promoting a share will cause all shares being promoted.

My question is that is there any solution to promote several shares as they are in a group?

I was trying to find something useful about 'manila group replication' ,only find Ocata Doc mentioned it, but no detail information:

https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/manila-specs/specs/ocata/manila-share-groups.html

And there is no code or commit history matches 'group replication' in Manila.

Do you have any suggestions for our situation?

Thanks,

Ding Dong