Freezer Project Update

Amjad Kotobi kotobi at dkrz.de
Sat Nov 23 18:17:54 UTC 2019

Hi,

I’ve tried with latest version but didn’t go for production with webui.
I deployed and patched it in standalone way which Freezer-api runs in VM. You are able to run freezer-agent without having scheduler|api running, you only need to export admin-rc.

> On 20. Nov 2019, at 13:35, Deepa <deepa.kr at fingent.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Amjad/James
>
> We tried installing Freezer .Freezer-scheduler and Freezer-agent in a VM which need to be backed up and Freezer-api and freezer-webui on controller node.The version of Openstack is Train.
>
> Unfortunately nothing worked out ☹

Most likely [keystone] section of freezer-api not configured properly which those configuration not coming from installation package.
I will paste you later the configuration structure.

> Getting below error on VM (client to be backed up) when I run freezer-agent --action info
>
> Critical Error: Authorization Failure. Authorization Failed: Not Found (HTTP 404) (Request-ID: req-0c71d8b4-ef1a-4c8d-8d12-26df763f5085)
>
> And getting error in Dashboard when we enabled Freezer-api and freezer-webui in dashboard
>
> During handling of the above exception ([*] Error 401: {"error": {"message": "The request you have made requires authentication.", "code": 401, "title": "Unauthorized"}}), another exception occurred:
>
> Doubt the issue is with keystone versioning v2/v3.It will be great if you can share or tell freeze.env file for Freezer-agent (For client VM) and freezer-api.conf file parameters.
> Also what should be admin.rc file for freezer-webui.

Correct it’s not api version thing.

> freezer-scheduler --config-file /etc/freezer/scheduler.conf start
> Could not find versioned identity endpoints when attempting to authenticate. Please check that your auth_url is correct. Not Found (HTTP 404) (Request-ID: req-2adb597d-7ad5-45a8-9888-6b552c8e55cc)
>
> Any guidance is highly appreciated .

> Thanks a lot
>
> Regards,
> Deepa K R