[dev] Upgrading flake8 to support f-strings

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Nov 22 13:58:25 UTC 2019

On 2019-11-22 13:51:10 +0000 (+0000), Sorin Sbarnea wrote:
[...]
> I am glad someone else opened the pre-commit subject before me.
> While it comes with its own challenges (git cloning), pre-commit
> resolves the problem of having predictable linter results by
> pinning them. Also it enables vey easy bumping of all of them.
[...]

Is it still limited by only being able to install plugins from
source, or can it consume released packages now?

> Extra bonus: we can avoid the case where we end-up having tons of
> jobs performing linting or style checks.

Which can also be done by adding multiple check commands to a single
tox testenv, or passing the names of multiple testenvs when invoking
tox. Granted, tox is a fairly Python-oriented test tool, so
pre-commit may be a more language-agnostic choice in that regard.
--
Jeremy Stanley