[dev] Upgrading flake8 to support f-strings

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Fri Nov 22 13:11:16 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-11-21 at 15:32 -0800, Dan Smith wrote:
> > nova only has a couple but it might be intersting to convert those to precommit scripts.
> > looking through them some of them do seam useful although other are just python 2 vs python 3
> > guidline that i hope will be less relevant now.
>
> I would so very much love if we did NOT do that. Precommit hooks are
> super annoying for writing up quick PoCs and DNM patches, which we do a
> lot.
ya true although i was referign to the precommit framework which we previously disucssed and said
shoudl be optional to install. do you think we should keep/maintain hacking in nova and or port these
to something else if not? anyway it was just a thought i dont want it to be mandaroy on every commit
for the poc hacking reason either but it might be a way to keep the checks without having to contiue to
maintain hacking.