[nova][neutron][cyborg] Bandwidth (and accel) providers are broken if CONF.host is set

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 00:53:43 UTC 2019

On 11/21/2019 5:28 PM, Eric Fried wrote:
> So the proposal moving forward is to add (in a new microversion) a
> ?service_host=XXX qparam to those APIs to let you filter down to just
> the one entry for your CONF.host.

I couldn't find the nova bug for it (if there was one, but I could have
sworn there was if even for docs) but at some point someone was asking
for this kind of filtering by compute service host API change for ironic
nodes as well because today you can only filter hypervisors by the
hypervisor_hostname which for ironic nodes is the node uuid. But if you
want to list all nodes managed by a given compute service, you need to
filter on the compute service host which is in the response but not a
filter parameter in the API and is what Eric is proposing here.

Point being, this would be useful even without the necessity for this
nested provider wonkadoo problem.

Matt