[neutron][scientific-sig] SIG help with Linuxbridge ML2 maintenance?

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Thu Nov 21 19:48:37 UTC 2019

Stig,

Thanks for raising the point.

This has raised the question of functional equivalence where one driver has less functional than others.

From our experience at CERN, this is not an issue as long as the user community is not demanding the full functional equivalence.

Some drivers are chosen by deployments because they solve the requirements for that cloud rather than because they cover everything. In fact, a focussed minimum subset functionality may be very attractive if that’s all a deployment needs, has a lower skills and operations bar and is sustainable.

Sustainability should not be assessed by activity. No reason to fix/improve something that works as long as it keeps up with the target functionality.

Tim