AW: [gnocchi][telemetry][ceilometer][cloudkitty] Gnocchi unmaintained

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Nov 21 15:29:01 UTC 2019

On 2019-11-21 13:57:56 +0000 (+0000), Sean Mooney wrote:
> On Thu, 2019-11-21 at 13:29 +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
[...]
> > With my Debian OpenStack package maintainer hat on: I will
> > certainly ignore any backend that would be using MongoDB or
> > InfluxDB, as these cannot be used without non-debian packages.
>
> influxdb is mit licensed so im not sure why you would not be able
> to package or redistribute it in debian.
[...]

And indeed, it's been packaged in Debian for years, and still is:

https://packages.debian.org/influxdb

The main concern about it is the open-core development model where
"advanced" features like stability and redundancy require you to
purchase their proprietary enterprise version instead of the less
full-featured (but freely-licensed) community version:

https://www.influxdata.com/blog/update-on-influxdb-clustering-high-availability-and-monetization/

--
Jeremy Stanley