[all][tc] Planning for dropping the Python2 support in OpenStack

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Nov 21 01:04:40 UTC 2019

 ---- On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 10:15:10 -0600 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 >  ---- On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 04:30:06 -0600 Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote ----
 >  > On 20/11/2019 09.08, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
 >  > > [...]
 >  > > * barbican- https://review.opendev.org/#/c/695052/
 >  > >    - Some strange behaviour is happening in this, barbican grenade job run stable/train run.yaml always which is stoping this job to move to py3

Devstck patch is merged now and it defaults to py3.

below are the pending fix for grenade jobs which will fail now. Request the corresponding project to merge them.

 - https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:drop-py27-support-devstack-default-py3+status:open

If any other job starts failing then below are the options to fix them:

Option1: migrate the failing py2 jobs to py3 with 'USE_PYTHON3: True in zuulv3 jobs' and 'DEVSTACK_GATE_USE_PYTHON3=True in legacy jobs'.

Options2: If the migration to py3 takes time due to any reason then restore those jobs to py2 by explicitly disabled the py3 via above variables.

-gmann