[kolla][gnocchi] Issue on Gnocchi metricd when using Ceph as backend but with cache tier.

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 10:21:04 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if it's good to ask at this place but still want to make sure
that some one has a same issue as me.

Currently we're using Kolla Openstack (R version), and Gnocchi version is
4.3.2 (ubuntu-source).

The issue is, we always get below error trace in gnocchi-metricd after
launched VM or uploaded images that let Ceilometer to create metrics in few
environments.

https://pastebin.com/fPZSFWaE

After few investigations, we found that this only happens on the
environment which enabled cache tier in Ceph.
And also found the gnocchi cache pool only got 14 Bytes data inside, and no
data inside the OSD pool one.
We tried remove the cache tier from gnocchi pool then restart the gnocchi
services. Then everything become normal. Can saw Gnocchi work normally to
write data into Ceph pool.

Does anyone had a same problem?

Eddie.