Scheduler sends VM to HV that lacks resources

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 14:10:00 UTC 2019

On 11/14/2019 3:12 AM, Chris Dent wrote:
> Your request, is asking for CUSTOM_RRR430 will a value of 2, but it
> is only available as 1. Have a look at your server create request,
> there's something, probably your flavor, which is unexpected.

https://review.opendev.org/#/c/620111/ comes to mind, I'm not sure if
that helps you workaround the problem or not.

Be sure to go through this doc as well:

https://docs.openstack.org/ironic/queens/install/configure-nova-flavors.html#scheduling-based-on-resource-classes

Specifically the part about overriding the VCPU/MEMORY_MB/DISK_GB values
in the baremetal flavors. My guess is maybe you haven't done that and
the scheduler is selecting a node based on vcpu/ram/disk that is already
fully consumed by another node with the same resource class?

Failing all that, it might be an issue due to
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/637217/ which I abandoned because I just
didn't have the time or will to push on it any further.

If nothing else the bugs linked to those patches might be helpful with
workarounds that CERN did when they were doing their baremetal flavor
migration to custom resource classes. There were definitely bumps along
the way.

Matt