[sig] Forming a Large scale SIG [EXT]

Dave Holland dh3 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Nov 14 09:44:33 UTC 2019

Hi,

Belmiro's point of linking operators and developers is hugely important
because the developers have the tough job of catering for both large and
small deployments. What can look like a safety net for small systems
(e.g. per-container file descriptor limits) turns into a huge pitfall
when deploying at scale. I'm really interested to be involved in this
SIG.

Cheers,
Dave
--
** Dave Holland ** Systems Support -- Informatics Systems Group **
** 01223 496923 **    Wellcome Sanger Institute, Hinxton, UK    **

--
 The Wellcome Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research