[nova][ironic] nova docs bug for ironic looking for an owner

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 15:19:05 UTC 2019

While discussing some tribal knowledge about how ironic is the black
sheep of nova compute drivers I realized that we (nova) have no docs
about the ironic driver like we do for other drivers, so we don't
mention anything about the weird cardinality rules around compute
service : node : instance and host vs nodename things, how to configure
the service for HA mode, how to configure baremetal flavors with custom
resource classes, how to partition for conductor groups, how to deal
with scaling issues, missing features (migrate), etc. I've opened a bug
in case someone wants to get started on some of that information:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1852446

Matt