[Senlin] Splitting senlin-engine into three services

Erik Olof Gunnar Andersson eandersson at blizzard.com
Tue Nov 5 01:11:03 UTC 2019

We are looking into splitting the senlin-engine into three components (senlin-conductor, senlin-engine and senlin-health-manager) and wanted to get some feedback.

The main goal here is to make the components more resilient and to reduce the number of threads per worker. Each one of the components already had it's own thread
pool and in theory each worker could end up with thousands of thread.

In the current version (Train) the engine process hosts these services.
https://github.com/openstack/senlin/blob/stable/train/senlin/engine/dispatcher.py#L31
https://github.com/openstack/senlin/blob/stable/train/senlin/engine/health_manager.py#L865
https://github.com/openstack/senlin/blob/stable/train/senlin/engine/service.py#L79

In my patch we move two our of these out of the engine and into it's own service namespace.

Split engine service into three services
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/688784/

Please feel free to comment on the patch set, or let reply to this email with general feedback or concerns.

 Best Regards, Erik Olof Gunnar Andersson