BGP dynamic routing

Donny Davis donny at fortnebula.com
Mon Nov 4 16:31:36 UTC 2019

To be honest I only use it for the use case I listed before, so beyond that
I am not going to be much help.

However.. they are both speaking bgp I would imagine that it works the same
way as any bgp instance.

Give it a whirl and let us know how it works out. :)

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 11:28 AM Volodymyr Litovka <doka.ua at gmx.com> wrote:

> Hi Donny,
>
> the question if I have few peers to few PoPs, everyone with own set of
> prefixes and need to import these external prefixes INTO the tenant.
>

> On 04.11.2019 17:08, Donny Davis wrote:
>
> The way I use it is to dynamically advertise my tenant networks to the
> edge. The edge router still handles routes in the rest of my infra.
>
> Works pretty well for me.
>
> Donny Davis
> c: 805 814 6800
>
> On Mon, Nov 4, 2019, 6:52 AM Volodymyr Litovka <doka.ua at gmx.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear colleagues,
>>
>> "BGP dynamic routing" doc
>> (
>> https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/rocky/admin/config-bgp-dynamic-routing.html
>> )
>> says only about advertisement of routes: "BGP dynamic routing enables
>> advertisement of self-service (private) network prefixes to physical
>> network devices that support BGP such as routers, thus removing the
>> conventional dependency on static routes." and nothing about receiving
>> of routes from external peers.
>>
>> Whether it is ever possible using Neutron to have fully dynamic routing
>> inside the project, both advertising/receiving (and updating VRs
>> configuration) routes to/from remote peers?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> --
>> Volodymyr Litovka
>>    "Vision without Execution is Hallucination." -- Thomas Edison
>>

> --
> Volodymyr Litovka
>   "Vision without Execution is Hallucination." -- Thomas Edison

--
~/DonnyD
C: 805 814 6800
"No mission too difficult. No sacrifice too great. Duty First"