State of the Gate (placement?)

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Mon Nov 4 11:37:36 UTC 2019

On Fri, 1 Nov 2019, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> On 11/1/2019 9:55 AM, Clark Boylan wrote:
>> OVH controls the disk IOPs that we get pretty aggressively as well.
>> Possible it is an IO thing?
>
> Yeah, so looking at the dstat output in that graph (thanks for pointing out
> that site, really nice) we basically have 0 I/O from 16:53 to 16:55, so uh,
> that's probably not good.

What happens in a case like this? Is there an official procedure for
"hey, can you give is more IO?" or (if that's not an option) "can
you give us less CPU?". Is that something that is automated, is is
something that is monitored and alarming? "INAP ran out of IO X
times in the last N hours, light the beacons!"

freenode: cdent