[nova] dropping 2013.1 tag on pypi

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri May 31 17:18:46 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-31 11:19:05 -0400 (-0400), Mohammed Naser wrote:
> I've recently had some folks reach out who were quite confused by the
> fact that searching for 'nova' on pypi shows a 2013 release, and then
> hitting the correct path:
>
> https://pypi.org/project/nova/19.0.0/
>
> shows that there is a new version available.  I know usually deleting
> releases is a bit of a 'don't do this' thing, but in this case, that's
> a 6 year old unsupported/never-to-be-used again release and I think to
> make life easier for consumers, we should maybe drop it.

We've been deleting any of the old date-based releases of official
OpenStack deliverables from PyPI as we come across them. For
projects which recently (re)started publishing releases there this
may have been missed. At least in the case of nova it clearly was.

I have manually deleted the 2013.1 release of nova from PyPI now.
Don't hesitate to let me know if you spot anything similar on others
and I'm happy to do the same to them as well.
--
Jeremy Stanley